- Lost Property Report Form
Lost Property Report
In an effort to assist citizens of Dallas who have lost personal property while allowing police officers to remain available for emergency situations, the Dallas Police Department has enabled citizens to complete their own Lost Property Reports. These reports are available to all citizens with the following guidelines:
- Lost Firearms cannot be reported Online. In the event of a lost firearm, call 911 to make the report.
- As an official document, any falsifications on the form may result in Criminal Charges for "Filing a False Police Report".
- Lost Property is not a criminal action and therefore will not generate any police follow-up.
- Property listed on this form WILL NOT be entered into any of the crime databases.
- Property lost outside Dallas City Limits or last seen outside Dallas City Limits may not be reported to the Dallas Police Department. It must be reported to the agency with jurisdiction for that location.