Financial Investigations Unit
1400 Botham Jean Blvd.
Dallas, Texas 75215
***COVID-19 Economic Impact (stimulus) Payment Fraud***
To report fraud related to IRS Economic Impact Payments, also known as "stimulus payments", please contact the IRS directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Financial Investigations Unit investigates a number of offenses, including:
- Forgery (except forgery of prescription for drugs)
- Credit / Debit Card Abuse
- Identity Theft
To report one of the above offenses, please see How to Make a Police Report.
Additionally, the Financial Investigations Unit contains specialized squads, each with their own expertise.
- The Computer Crimes Squad investigates crimes involving the Internet and/or crimes that use computers as a medium to the offense.
- The Swindle Squad investigates crimes where deception is used to obtain property, money, or services from a victim.
- The Embezzlement Squad investigates crimes involving employees stealing monies from an employer over an extended period of time.