- Required Documents
Print a copy of your City of Dallas application and bring it to testing. It is a required document.
- Valid driver's license
- Original social security card
- Original birth certificate
- Official U.S. high school transcript or GED (sealed original in envelope)
- Two college transcripts from every university/college attended (sealed original in envelope).
- This is in addition to the transcripts sent to the Civil Service Department for testing.
- Original marriage license
- Copy of divorce decree
- Original naturalization document
- Original DD Form 214 (member–4) or original National Guard Bureau (NGB-22)
- If the applicant is an active military member, a statement of service letter from the applicant's Commanding Officer stating the applicant is in good standing, date of enlistment, date of end of active service, and is projected to receive a honorable discharge.
- Final dispositions on all arrests (from court of jurisdiction)
- Final dispositions of all citations received within the previous 1 year (from court of jurisdiction)
- Completed Personal History Statement
Completed Preliminary Interview Form
Completed and signed waivers (Out of area applicants must have waivers notorized and emailed back before arrival)
PERSONAL HISTORY STATEMENT MUST BE DELIVERED IN PERSON. DO NOT FAX OR MAIL.